We are searching for a Group Account Director who can provide leadership across our Account Management team while helping to define the culture, philosophy and output for our growing New York office.
The Group Account Director role is perfect for candidates who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking an agency environment that combines a start-up mentality with the support, resources and backing of a 20+ year leading digital agency. As Group Account Director you will lead the development of integrated digital marketing strategies across paid, owned and earned channels working collaboratively with internal agency partners to effectively guide the execution and growth of key accounts. The Group Account Director will work in close partnership with the GM to accelerate the growth of our New York office by ensuring flawless program delivery and taking ownership of client retention / upsell.
- Oversight and management of the Account Management department with direct ownership of 1-3 key client relationships
- Lead the development of integrated marketing strategies including digital marketing programs across display, search, web, mobile, and social channels
- Inspire, lead and motivate a cross-departmental team to deliver top-notch work that delivers on the brand strategy and drives measurable results
- Direct all aspects of client business from strategy through execution with attention to quality and detail and the foresight to identify (and circumvent) potential red flags
- Drive digital innovation by staying abreast of the latest digital platforms, social trends and mobile technologies with the ability to strategically translate these into client programs
- Deeply understand, appreciate and influence brand insights, customer segmentation, and target needs to assist in the development of thoughtful and strategic marketing plans and executions
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of by providing coaching, training and identifying areas for growth
- Serve as primary client contact with senior clients, working directly on strategy initiatives
- Professionally manage client feedback, direction and expectations that results in trust-based client relationships and YOY revenue growth
- Orchestrate partnerships with internal teams and external agencies to manage priorities, schedules, and deliverables
- Partner with AMP’s Analytics team to thoughtfully report on digital KPIs while making actionable recommendations, as well as developing test and learn agendas
- Provide accurate financial management of client business from scoping to forecasting and budget reconciliation
- Deliver effective oral presentations (over the phone and in person) with poise and confidence
- Support Senior Management in new business opportunities as needed
What are the desired attributes for this position?
- Be an inspiring, passionate leader
- Be a resourceful, tenacious problem solver
- Be a compelling, persuasive communicator
- Be a creative thinker
- Be a digital/tech nerd
- Four year degree
- 8+ years experience (agency experience preferred)
- Proven track record of delivering top-notch digital work
- Has executed high-impact digital marketing campaigns that have exceeded client KPI’s
- Ability to consistently produce results while meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor, as well as an individual in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach, initiate change, and collaborate across groups
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills – can command a room
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Strong technical proficiency with social media platforms and working knowledge of diverse digital media specialties (SEO, PPC, web development, digital media, etc.)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and MS Office
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in New York, Boston and Los Angeles. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.
The AMPlifiers – AMP’s Core Values
We lovingly call our core values the “AMPlifiers.” We truly believe people who succeed at AMP and help AMP succeed exemplify these five values:
- Entrepreneurial - Act Like You Own the Place. We encourage new ideas every day.
- Collaborative - Make Everyone Better. Inspire leaders.
- Smarter - Be Visionary. Share your ideas, and often.
- Ego-free - Check Your Ego At The Elevator.
- Accountable – Prove it. We love to win, and hope you do too.