Brand Sales Director, Advantage Media (Chicago, IL)
Brand Sales Director, Advantage Media
We are searching for a sales director to join our brand sales team who can provide leadership for our sales and business development efforts within the Advantage Solutions organization.
A dedicated division of Advantage Solutions, the Advantage Media group offers a suite of digital marketing solutions spanning paid, earned and owned channels, primarily aimed at CPG brands and retailers, with the express purpose of influencing shopper behaviors and driving traffic into store.
The Brand Sales role is perfect for candidates who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking an agency environment that combines a start-up mentality with the support, resources and backing of one of the largest shopper marketing agencies in the country (Advantage Solutions). As Brand Sales Director you will be responsible for achieving annual revenue and profitability goals for the Advantage Media team by managing sales relationships and growing key external accounts and opportunities.
The Brand Sales Director will work in close partnership with the Vice President of the Brand Sales to accelerate the growth of the business.
- Lead the development of all sales and business plans across your account list with a suite of digital solutions spanning paid media, digital influencers, web development and data management initiatives.
- Follow agenda for digital sales growth in order to achieve individual goals.
- Identify, develop and/or nurture key external relationships with senior business leaders that will guide revenue growth.
- Support digital innovation by identifying client needs and staying abreast of marketplace trends with the ability to strategically translate these into sellable programs.
- Deliver effective oral presentations (over the phone and in person) with poise and confidence.
- Foster a positive working relationship and atmosphere with all external clients and internal teams.
- Serve as primary sales contact with senior clients and business leaders.
- Professionally manage client feedback, direction and expectations that results in trust-based client relationships and YOY revenue growth.
- Provide accurate financial management of client business from scoping to forecasting and budget reconciliation.
What are the desired attributes for this position?
- Smart and creative, you intuitively recognize opportunities and take action.
- Expansive network of brand and digital AOR contacts.
- A proven track record of hitting sales goals by building strong relationships and partnerships.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and exceeds expectations.
- Ability to see opportunities and emerging trends, and you are knowledgeable about the operations, unique needs, and goals specific to retailers and CPG companies.
- Understand the importance of tone and how to communicate clearly, whether it’s in email, over the phone, or face-to-face. Writing, oral, and presentation skills are excellent.
- Self-confident and assertive, approachable and responsive.
- Deep understanding of the retail and CPG marketing landscape.
- Min. 3+ years of experience working in digital media sales.
- Experience with conceptualizing digital and integrated ideas and writing or directing proposals for major accounts.
- A solid understanding of account planning/strategic planning in an advertising agency or digital media property.
- Knowledge of building micro-sites, sponsorships and other advertising programs, as well as experience with ad-serving systems (i.e. Dart, Mediavisor, etc.) a plus.
- Extremely detailed oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across internal groups.
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills – can command a room.
- Proficiency in sales software tools (MS Office, Google Docs, CRM, etc).
- BA/BS or equivalent.