AMP Agency is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Los Angeles office.
The Social Media Manager must have experience in social media marketing, content creation and analytics, in addition to having a strong background in writing and a concrete understanding of social media platforms and communities.
The person in this role will be responsible for sharing/publishing all social media posts, responding to and monitoring all social activity on client’s social channels, and copywriting, from original conception through to completion, across a range of formats and deliverables including websites, social media posts and longer format online and offline content. This position also requires a basic understanding of reporting & analytics, from downloading/pulling data, compiling monthly reports and deriving valuable insights and learnings. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, high-energy individual who is detail-oriented and possesses excellent writing, organizational & interpersonal skills. Must also possess the ability to multitask and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day of all client’s social channels, from monitoring all social activity, responding to comments/messages and providing daily, online customer service.
- Perform daily social listening across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube, and package insights and recommendations into client-friendly deliverables.
- Create, schedule and analyze all social media posts and updates.
- Develop and expand social communities and oversee influencer and blogger outreach.
- Create and assemble weekly/monthly/yearly reports by compiling all data and crafting smart, valuable insights & learnings based off each channel’s performance.
- Stay current on new social media content best practices and oversee the development of any emerging social platforms or trends.
Copywriting & Strategy:
- Serve as primary copy lead on all client initiatives across a mix of digital projects spanning various clients/audiences/verticals.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop ideas into program executions and lead content ideations and strategy.
- Ideate and implement annual strategies, short-term campaigns and always-on content to drive engagement and achieve established success metrics.
- Build strong internal relationships with Account, Media, Creative, Technology and Strategy teams. Basically, enjoy working with departments outside of Social.
- Build a relationship of trust with client contacts.
- 2-3+ years of experience in an ad agency or marketing firm, or within a corporate advertising department (strong portfolio or professional and/or speculative creative work required with examples of writing/thinking to demonstrate abilities)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Must be well-versed in all social media platforms, primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and experience in utilizing analytic tools (Facebook Insights or Netbase) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of social media tools, such as Buffer, Hootsuite or SproutSocial.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills specifically when it comes to meeting tight deadlines and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and digital marketing trends.