Craving some real-world experience to kick-start a career in Public Relations? If so, Amp Agency Seattle is looking for a Public Relations Intern to work with senior account leaders and a list of wonderful local, regional and national clients to develop and deliver outstanding media relations, social media, and non-traditional experiential consumer marketing campaigns. The primary function for the intern role is to learn by doing and supporting the larger team. Interns are expected to be integrated with the PR and social media team, attending team meetings, sitting in on client calls, and supporting all retainer work, one-off projects and campaigns.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with public relations and experiential marketing campaigns:
- Monitor for media coverage and development of media reports
- Create and build media list building and update master lists as-needed
- Support client and business-related research (competitors, vendors, venues, merchandise, partners, reporters, etc.)
- Assist with the creation of recap decks and reports
- Support ideation, strategy, and concepting of PR and marketing campaigns
Essential skills include:
- Project management:
- Excellent organizational/time management and prioritization skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and apply resources effectively with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas effectively and communicate with clients, vendors, press, and others on the phone, via email and in person.
- Excellent fact-based and creative writing skills for public relations materials and social posts.
- Master with proper grammar/spelling/punctuation.
- Accountability and initiative:
- Great work ethic, team oriented, deadline driven and self-starter.
- Willing to provide assistance whenever and wherever needed.
- Ability to deliver work on time and as promised.
- Willing and available for occasional travel, including weekend and/or evening work as necessary.
- Interest and basic knowledge of public relations and marketing theory and practice:
- Demonstrated interest in, and growing knowledge of PR fundamentals.
- Proficiency with basic computer skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and communications tools such as AP Style Guide, Cision and TV Eyes is a plus.
- Up-to-date with important trends in the public relations/marketing landscape, including working knowledge of local community events, organizations, media contacts and social media channels.
- Professional demeanor and calm under pressure, open to constructive feedback.
- You must have 0-1 year of related experience to qualify for this position. Previous internships and agency experience are preferred.
- Weekly hours will be discussed based on availability and schedules.
- You will either be paid hourly at minimum wage or this internship can qualify for school credit.
- You must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Amp Agency is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.